Servings: 4 – Estimated Calories: 300-350 calories per serving
- 1 cup cooked quinoa (follow package instructions)
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup corn (fresh, canned, or frozen)
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes (fresh or canned)
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 large bell peppers, halved lengthwise and seeds removed
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- Optional: vegan cheese for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a large bowl, combine cooked quinoa, black beans, corn, diced tomatoes, chopped cilantro, ground cumin, chili powder, salt, and pepper.
- Spread the marinara sauce on the bottom of a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Stuff each bell pepper half with the quinoa and black bean mixture, packing it tightly. Place the stuffed peppers on top of the marinara sauce in the baking dish.
- If using vegan cheese, sprinkle it over the top of the stuffed peppers.
- Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and bake for 30-35 minutes, until the peppers are tender and the filling is heated through.
- Remove the foil and bake for an additional 5 minutes to lightly brown the cheese, if using.
- Serve the stuffed peppers warm, spooning some of the marinara sauce from the baking dish over each serving.
This meal is high in plant-based protein and fiber, and include ingredients like quinoa and black beans, which contribute to a healthy brain and overall well-being