Servings: 12 muffins – Estimated Calories: 200-250 calories per muffin
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup ground flaxseeds
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 large bananas)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk or other plant-based milk
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease a 12-cup muffin tin or line with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, combine whole wheat flour, ground flaxseeds, rolled oats, coconut sugar or brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix together mashed bananas, almond milk, melted coconut oil, and vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Fold in the chopped walnuts and blueberries.
- Divide the batter evenly among the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Allow the muffins to cool in the tin for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
This Vegan Brain Boosting Muffins provide a great source of omega-3 fatty acids from flaxseeds and antioxidants from blueberries, which support cognitive health.