Serving Size: 1/4 of the recipe (approx. 2 cups or 475 ml) – Estimated Calories: 450-500 calories
- 1 cup cooked quinoa (follow package instructions)
- 1 medium salmon fillet (6-8 oz), cooked and flaked
- 2 cups chopped kale or mixed greens
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Juice of one lemon
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine cooked quinoa, flaked salmon, kale or mixed greens, cherry tomatoes, red onion, cucumber, and walnuts.
- In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss gently to combine.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and serve.
Salmon is an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids, which are crucial for brain health and memory function. Quinoa provides a complete protein and is a great source of magnesium, which supports brain function. The kale or mixed greens offer additional nutrients, such as vitamin K, which is important for cognitive health. Walnuts are rich in antioxidants and omega-3s, further supporting brain health. The combination of these ingredients in this salad provides a delicious and nutritious meal for a healthy brain and improved cognitive performance.