Chinese cuisine is renowned for its flavors and diverse ingredients, many of which offer numerous health benefits. This Chinese Broccoli Stir-Fry with Tofu and Walnuts recipe incorporates several of these ingredients known to be beneficial for brain health. Tofu, a soy product, is a great source of protein and isoflavones that may contribute to improved cognitive function. Walnuts are rich in DHA, a type of Omega-3 fatty acid that has been shown to improve brain health. Broccoli is high in antioxidants and vitamin K, which is believed to support brain health. Combined, these ingredients make a delicious meal that not only satisfies your palate but also contributes to your cognitive wellbeing.
Estimated Calories: 400 calories per serving
- 14 oz firm tofu, drained and cubed
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup walnuts
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce (or vegan oyster sauce, for a vegan version)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch mixed with 1 tablespoon water (optional)
- Press the tofu to remove excess water, then cut it into cubes.
- Heat the sesame oil in a large skillet or wok over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and ginger, and stir-fry for a minute until fragrant.
- Add the tofu cubes to the skillet or wok, and cook for 5-7 minutes until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- Add the broccoli florets and walnuts, and stir-fry for another 3-5 minutes until the broccoli is tender-crisp.
- Stir in the soy sauce and oyster sauce. If you prefer a thicker sauce, stir in the cornstarch-water mixture at this point.
- Continue to cook for another 2 minutes until everything is well-coated in the sauce.
- Sprinkle with sliced spring onions just before serving.
Enjoy this Brain-Boosting Chinese Broccoli Stir-Fry with Tofu and Walnuts as a healthy, delicious meal that supports your cognitive function and overall brain health.
The information and content provided in this article, including any text, graphics, images, and other material, are for informational purposes only and should not be construed as medical advice, diagnosis, treatment, or a substitute for professional healthcare. The author of this article is not a healthcare professional, and the content presented herein is based on general guidelines and expert opinions, which may not be applicable to your specific health condition or circumstances. Always consult a qualified healthcare professional before making any decisions regarding your health, including the use of supplements, diet, exercise, or other health-related interventions. Do not disregard, avoid, or delay obtaining medical advice from a healthcare professional because of something you have read in this article.
The author and publisher of this article expressly disclaim any responsibility or liability for any adverse effects, loss, or damage incurred as a direct or indirect consequence of the use or application of any of the contents of this article. By using the information provided in this article, you agree to assume full responsibility for your safety and well-being and release the author and publisher from any liability arising from your use of the content.