Servings: 4 – Estimated Calories: 350-400 calories per serving
Mackerel is another excellent fish choice for cognitive health, as it is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which support brain function and reduce inflammation. Mackerel also contains high amounts of vitamin D, which has been linked to improved cognitive performance and a reduced risk of developing neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s.
- 2 cups cooked quinoa (follow package instructions)
- 2 (4-ounce) smoked mackerel fillets, skin removed and flaked
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup pitted Kalamata olives, halved
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine cooked quinoa, flaked mackerel, parsley, mint, red onion, cherry tomatoes, and Kalamata olives.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the extra-virgin olive oil and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the dressing over the quinoa and mackerel mixture and toss gently to combine.
- Serve the salad at room temperature or chilled, as desired.
The information and content provided in this article, including any text, graphics, images, and other material, are for informational purposes only and should not be construed as medical advice, diagnosis, treatment, or a substitute for professional healthcare. The author of this article is not a healthcare professional, and the content presented herein is based on general guidelines and expert opinions, which may not be applicable to your specific health condition or circumstances. Always consult a qualified healthcare professional before making any decisions regarding your health, including the use of supplements, diet, exercise, or other health-related interventions. Do not disregard, avoid, or delay obtaining medical advice from a healthcare professional because of something you have read in this article.
The author and publisher of this article expressly disclaim any responsibility or liability for any adverse effects, loss, or damage incurred as a direct or indirect consequence of the use or application of any of the contents of this article. By using the information provided in this article, you agree to assume full responsibility for your safety and well-being and release the author and publisher from any liability arising from your use of the content.